I’d like to think that I’m good at least one thing in life; procrastinating. It’s pretty uncommon for me to go an entire 10 minutes without flicking to a new browser or checking my phone. I find it hard to concentrate which means I procrastinate to a whole other level.
Thankfully I will work longer than most to ensure I put the time into my work. Where as during University I would procrastinate with a good ol’ game of Candy Crush, now I’ll check my broken links or adapt a few blog posts for SEO. Productive procrastination is where it is at.
So here are my 17 ways you can have a little bit of fun whilst procrastinating:
- Bake a cake! Not only is it a fun thing to do when procrastinating, but when you get back to the grind at least you have some cake to cheer you up with
- Practice yoga or some deep breathing, really useful break whilst working on stressful things
- Binge watch a few episodes or a TV programme you love on Netflix
- Start a new book, or even reread an oldie but a goldie
- Play themed online bingo and win some money
- Create a new music playlist for work, for next drive or even running motivation
- Start pinning some house inspo/holiday inspo for that extra little bit of motivation
- Download and start replaying candy crush, heck I can’t even tell you how many hours I spent on that game during University
- Sell some bits and bobs on eBay, procrastinate whilst making money!
- Paint your nails or have a mini pamper
- Reply to all those emails you say you’ll do later but probably won’t actually get around to it for a few days
- Tidy! Tidying up your work space, or tidy your bedroom and change the sheets, nothing beats getting into freshly clean sheets
- Catch up with some old friends either in person, on the phone or in a group chat, a little bit of conversation always does a bit of good
- Back up all of your files on your laptop that we all say we will do and never get round to it
- Have a clean up on the files on your laptop, delete all of those weird screenshots you or weird selfies you took when you first got your laptop
- Put the music channel on, the good naughtiest channel is a great one to just dance and sing (shout) along to, to blow off some steam
- Have a bubble bath, in fact get a lush bath bomb and have a full on pamper
I hope you have found a few things you can consider the next time you want to procrastinate, cue 10 minutes time…
*this is a collaborative post.