I never published my goals for 2017 but after a reread I have realised that I massively failed it anyway. So it’s probably a good thing it was never out there. I want to make some goals for blogging but for other aspects over 2018. So hopefully I can come back to the post in a years time and see how many things I have achieved.
The whole idea for making goals for 2018 seems very divided on Twitter, with people either saying you shouldn’t set yourself up to fail or restricting yourself because it’s another year seems silly. I on the other hand love a good new month, new year or anything to start making new goals.
Only 8% of people stick to their New Years resolutions, cue me starting my daily running in Jan 2017 and only managed to start on the 10th of the month.. So rather than setting New Year resolutions I’d rather set some goals I want to achieve by the end of the year.
I’ve had a rocky end to 2017, after a break up, moving back home, illnesses in the family and just feeling like I’m at rock bottom. Therefore I’m setting myself some challenges for the year so hopefully when I look back at this post in a years time I can really see a difference in my life. I’d love to look back and say ‘wow yeah 2017 was shocking’ rather than ‘I’m exactly the same as I was last year’ aka in the same job, living at home etc.
So here are my 2018 goals I want to achieve:
- purchase a new car – my old KA is slowly losing the will to live, so I want a newer more trusty car
- go on a solo trip – why wait for people to be free when I can travel alone? I’m thinking Trek America
- find a new job – it’s coming up to 3 years in September in the same job
- move out (again!) – I enjoyed my month living in Bristol so get me back quick!
- make some friends for life – I miss having besties in close range to just hang out with
- stick to the gym – I go through spells of going everyday for 3 weeks and then nothing for a month
- go on a date – how scary! the thought of dating
- write at least weekly on my blog
- work on being more independent
- get back into running longer distances outside
- go to the cinema alone! – the thought terrifies me but I feel it’s a great step in being more confident
- on that note, gain some confidence in myself
- do another charity run/event – ie a half marathon for a charity or something similar
- say yes more often – if it’s something 2017 Chloe said no to, then I’m saying yes
- see my friends more often
- read more! – is there anything better than getting deep into a book?
- save save save! – whether it’s for Trek America, a new car or just savings
- meet more new people – even if it’s scary as hell
- go to more Bristol blogging events
- cut down on alcohol
- use my spare time more wisely
- work on growing my blog & measuring stats
- lift more weights & get stronger
- grow my hair – don’t get it cut! I always start the New Year with a huge hair cut and then regret later in the year
- live more minimal and only buy necessary things – stop spending £££’s on ASOS
- work on being more motivated – aka cut down on binge watching Netflix/scrolling through social media
- generally do more things that scare me
There we go. 27 goals or things I would like to achieve by the end of 2018. 2018 has a nicer ring to it than 2017. I would like to make this year my bitch and really look back on 2017 as being a complete shocker.
These are all realistic goals or things I would like to achieve, if I can tick off at least 20 I will be very happy.
Are you setting any goals this year?